February Joint Meeting - SAME Atlanta & GA Tech Student Chapter
Join the SAME Atlanta Post and the GA Tech Student Chapter on Tuesday, February 16, 1:30 - 3:30pm for an amazing virtual event featuring Anne L. Clark, Col, USAF (Ret.), PhD, Senior Research Associate, and Kyle E. Blond, PMP, 6σ BB, Research Engineer II, both with the Georgia Tech Research Institute’s (GTRI) Electronic Systems Laboratory in Atlanta. GTRI and their renowned researchers will be sharing their current research and contracts with the Department of Defense, their Veterans Outreach efforts, and opportunities to work or intern with GTRI. Students will have the opportunity to introduce themselves, their major, and anticipated graduation dates or internship interests. Our over 500 SAME members in the STEM Industry are encouraged to join and announce any open positions they have in their firms as well.
Visit https://gtri.gatech.edu/ to learn more about GTRI!
FREE event registration includes:
- At least 1 PDH
- Virtual presentations on GTRI research
- Networking with professionals, agencies, researchers and students
- Mentoring and outreach opportunities for your firm or government agency
NOTE: Portions of this event will be recorded to help promote outreach efforts for both GTRI and SAME.
SAME National Awards Nominations
It’s time once again for SAME National Award submissions. There are a number of Post Awards, Individual Awards, and Company Awards. Company Awards require self-nomination. Individual Awards require nomination for each award and cannot self-nominate.
Complete information can be found at https://www.same.org/awards
Deadline for submissions to SAME National is February 5, 2021.
Nominations must be submitted online using the submission form. If interested in participation in the SAME National Awards Program, please contact the Atlanta Post Awards Committee, Leo Macaluso ([email protected]) or Dan Greene ([email protected]).
What's Happening at our Georgia Tech Student Chapter
STAY TUNED...The GT Student Chapter is currently planning events for 2021, and they will need SAME Atlanta Post Members' participation.
If you or someone you know is interested in presenting at an upcoming Georgia Tech Student Chapter meeting please call/text Jacob Kreider at 571.329.9505 or email at [email protected]
Sustaining Member Highlight: [YOUR FIRM COULD BE HERE]
Networking and business development is not easy these days; the Atlanta Post is stepping up to help you get the word out on your company. Our membership committee is looking for Sustaining Members who wish to have their company highlighted for a full month by our Post. This includes: 1) member spotlight on our website homepage for one month; 2) recoginition at the start of that month's virtual meeting or event; 3) opportunity to share a link to a 5-minute Power Point presentation with audio about your company; and, 4) recognition through our weekly E-blast. If you are interested in being featured as our Monthly Sustaining Member Highlight send an email to [email protected], with your first, second and third choice for which month you would like for your firm to be highlighted. You must be a SAME Atlanta Post Sustaining Member.
2021 Atlanta Post Calendar
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021; 1:30 pm-3:30 pm - Industry, Academia & DoD Research Come Together REGISTER NOW!!
- March 9, 2021 - Water in Georgia
- April 22, 2021 - Industry-Government Engagement Workshop & Centennial Celebration
- May 2021 - Virtual Happy Hour; SAME Joint Engineer Training Conference (JETC)
- June 8, 2021 - Summer DoD Series: Army
- July 13, 2021 - Summer DoD Series: Navy
- August 10, 2021 - Summer DoD Series: Air Force
- September 2021 - MEGA Meeting, GA Tech Tailgate
- October 2021 - Shrimp Boil
- November 14-19, 2021 - SAME Federal Small Business Conference in Atlanta
- December 2021 - Annual Holiday Party & Awards Ceremony